Home Hot New Banky W’s Home Gutted By Fire That Almost Killed Him

Banky W’s Home Gutted By Fire That Almost Killed Him

written by NigezieTv 28/02/2017
Banky W @nigezietv

R&B singer, Banky W’s home was destroyed by fire this morning on Tuesday February 28. His house which is located along Admirality Way, Lekki Phase 1.

Banky W

The Fire was allegedly caused by a faulty air conditioner in his apartment that started around 6am, and was able to escape from the incident, His neighbours joined in quenching the fire, but their effort was not enough. Fire service officers arrived the scene at 7:30am, over one hour after the fire began.

READ MORE: Super Star 2Face Idibia Donates N3.5M To IDPS

Banky W narrated on Instagram how he escaped the house which was seriously engulfed by the fire.
He wrote:
“So there’s good news and bad news. The good news is…I’m thanking God that I’m alive to give the bad news as a testimony.
Bad news is …. I was lying awake in bed at about 6am, and i just started smelling smoke. Stood up to shut off my TV and ac and realized it was coming from outside my door. Opened it to see the whole stairway was filled with huge gusts of black smoke/soot, and a fire was burning stuff downstairs. the smoke was so much i couldn’t get down past it to see the source of the flames. Rushed back into the room and climbed down from the 2nd floor balcony with my dog… and then got help from the amazing workers and neighbours who helped me put out the flames.
Turns out the ac in the living room had caught fire.. I know a lot of pple have been trying to call and i appreciate it. Maybe the fire burnt some of the network in the house because i can’t receive calls LOL, but instead of calling to say sorry pls just maybe say a prayer and thank God with me.
Thank God i was awake to smell the smoke. Thank God we caught it early enough and damage wasn’t so bad.. it basically burnt some small electronics. But thank God form my neighbors and the amazing workers in and around the compound for helping us escape via the balcony, helping put out the fire, and helping with the aftermath/cleaning.
Thank God for life. And I’m not even upset. I’m just grateful for life and health and for the grace and mercy of God on my life. I figure I’m about to have the best year ever so the devil tried to throw a tantrum. But not today Satan. Not today, not ever. Now sit back and watch me be great. By God’s grace. Amen. God bless you all.
#TheBankStatements #weMove #NoweaponFormedAgainstMeShallProsper #aretheymadddt #theyMustBeMaddt”

 

So there’s good news and bad news. The good news is… I’m thanking God that I’m alive to give the bad news as a testimony. Bad news is… I was laying awake in bed at about 6am , and I just started smelling smoke. Stood up to shut off my tv and ac and realized it was coming from outside my door. Opened it to see the whole stairway was filled with huge gusts of black smoke/soot, and a fire was burning stuff downstairs. The smoke was so much I couldn’t get down past it to see the source of the flames. Rushed back into my room and climbed down from the 2nd floor balcony with my dog… and then got help from the amazing workers and neighbours who helped me put out the flames. Turns out the ac in the living room had caught fire.. I know a lot of ppl have been trying to call and I appreciate it. Maybe the fire burnt some of the network in the house because I can’t receive calls LOL 😂, but instead of calling to say sorry pls just maybe say a prayer and thank God with me. Thank God I was awake to smell the smoke. Thank God we caught it early enough and the damage wasn’t so bad.. it basically burnt some of the stuff that was around it. So awards, portraits, and some small electronics. But thank God, Duke and I are alive and well. We only had to form James Bond and climb down from the top floor balcony LOL 😂😁 Thank God for my neighbors and the amazing workers in and around the compound for helping us escape via the balcony, helping put out the fire, and helping with the aftermath/cleaning. Thank God for life. And I’m not even upset.. I’m just grateful for life and health and for the grace and mercy of God on my life. I figure I’m about to have the best year ever so the devil tried to throw a tantrum. But not today Satan. Not today, not ever. Now sit back and watch me be great. By God’s grace. Amen. God bless you all. #TheBankStatements #weMove #NoweaponFormedAgainstMeShallProsper #aretheymadddt #theyMustBeMaddt

A post shared by Banky W. (@bankywellington) on

 

The ‘Lagos Party’ singer Banky W returned to Nigeria two weeks ago after his guest appearance on the current Big Brother Naija TV show, which triggered now evicted housemate, Gifty’s social media drama. Banky W’s Lekki home has now been gutted by fire and some of his properties worth millions have supposedly been destroyed.

Recall that in June 2015, actress Kate Henshaw’s Lekki residence was hit by fire – which sparked off from one of the air conditioners in her living room when electricity was restored.

 

You may also like

Leave a Comment