Forbes’ List Of Highest Paid Youtube Stars Of 2016
Forbes lists the annual earnings the ten top YouTubers have made. They are making a whole lot more than any of us think.
YouTube launched in 2005 and since then, a select few have been launched into stardom and making millions.
Forbes released their second annual top-paid YouTube stars this week and of the 10 top earners, not a single one earns less than $5 million.
Combined, the 12 individuals on the list earned $70.5 million from June of 2015 to June of 2016. The list includes people from all over the world – Canada, America, Sweeden and Chile – and their channels cover a wide range of topics, from baking to gaming to comedy.
What they do may seem simple, it’s clear that they are using YouTube as a platform for bigger and greater things. One star, Tyler Oakley, propelled LGBT activism on his online vlog with over 8 million subscribers and has recently signed with Ellen DeGenerous’ production company.
1. Feli Arvid – PewDiePie – $15Million
2. Roman Atwood – YouTube prank videos – $8million
3. Lily Singh – Superwoman – $7.5 million
4. Anthony Padilla and Ian Hecox – SMOSH – $7 million
5. Tyler Oakley – Tyler Oakley – $6million
6. Rosanna Pansino – Nerdy Nummies – $6million