Do You Know Wizkid And Five Other Celebrities Slept In Jail?
Nigerian musicians do not go to jail like their American counterparts, but that does not mean they do not land in the hands of law enforcement agencies.
We take a look at some of our favourite musicians that have landed in police custody in recent time.
1. 2shotz:The rap veteran spent a night at the police headquarters, Langbasa division, Ajah last year. This happened after he said e was arrested for no reason. He tired explaining his identity to the police but one way or the other he was dragged in. Few days later, 2shotz was invited by the police and the issue was resolved amicably.
2. Wizkid: Reports in Kenya in 2014 says Wizkid was invited by Police for questioning and quizzing for smoking illegal substance in their country. Wizkid allegedly got into a heated argument with the hotel front officer after he was told not to smoke the banned substance in the hotel. The singer was later handed off to the police and was released with singer Victoria Kimani as surety.
3. Sinzu: Rapper Sinzu was arrested in 2013 for a credit card scam that was filmed by a CCTV camera in Atlanta. The mugshot of the rapper formerly known as Sauce kid didn’t hit the internet till 2014. He admitted he spent time in Jail in one of his songs. He has since become a free man.
4. Vector: Rap Titan Vector was put in the hands of police by his former label YSG for breaching contractual terms. Vector surrendered the car and apartment provided for him. He reveled he was arrested twice over the matter. The second time he was in custody from 3pm to 10pm.
5. Special Ed: Former Mohits and Davido’s hype man, Special Ed born Edward Chukwuma was arrested for fraud in the US in 2011. He was reportedly arrested on the 28th of August 2011 and released on the 30th of August 2011 with $17,000 bond. Special was charged with financial credit card theft first degree forgery and identity fraud.
6. Skales: Skales was put into the hands of the police by his label Baseline Music. Skales and his former manager Osagie were arrested for financial crime and mismanagement by the music company. According to Baseline, Skales and his manager were making money that were not documented. The rapper was eventually freed but his manager spent longer time with the NPF.