Portuguese football star, Bernardo Silva has informed the management of Manchester City that he wants to leave this summer. Silva who played a crucial role in helping Pep Guardiola’s side achieve a historic treble, putting in particularly impressive performances in the Champions League, most notably scoring a brace in the convincing 4-0 win over Real Madrid in the second leg of their heavyweight semi-final, previously told City of his intention to seek a new challenge and reaffirmed his intention after they completed their treble run. Bernardo Silva with the Champions League trophy. Source: Getty It’s been also gathered that the club is willing to do business provided they receive an offer around the £75m mark. Transfer window specialist Fabrizio Romano has said that the Manchester City right winger is still a prime target for PSG’s sports adviser, even if it will be very difficult to conclude this arrival. He tweeted; “Bernardo Silva remains among the top targets for Paris Saint-Germain. Club is planning for Bernardo move since March — but Man City will ask for important fee. Nothing close yet. PSG director Luis Campos has great connection with Bernardo since he was at Monaco.” Bernardo Silva remains among the top targets for Paris Saint-Germain. Club is planning for Bernardo move since March — but Man City will ask for important fee. Nothing close yet. 🇵🇹 #PSG PSG director Luis Campos has great connection with Bernardo since he was at Monaco. pic.twitter.com/GCodGKC2h7 — Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 12, 2023 Bernardo Silva still has two years of contract with the Cityzens, and with his value being estimated at 80 million euros by Transfermarkt, it will be hard to see the leaders of the English club letting the rhythm of the transfer window and the price of their player be dictated by Paris or another club. There are reports in France that Paris Saint-Germain offered Italy internationals Gianluigi Donnarumma or Marco Verratti to Manchester City for Bernardo Silva. According to Foot Mercato and le10sport, the pair of Italians were put forward as potential part-exchanges in the deal that would’ve brought Bernardo Silva to Paris.
Bernardo Silva at the Champions League final against Inter Milan. Source: Getty Under contract until June 2025, it is suggested that Manchester City are asking for at least €80m to part with Bernardo Silva. He could be open to discussing a move to PSG, but it seems as if Pep Guardiola was not interested in getting goalkeeper Donnarumma or midfielder Verratti as part of the negotiations. Donnarumma was a free agent from Milan in the summer of 2021 and has only this season taken the gloves as the undoubted PSG first-choice goalkeeper. Verratti is now 30 years old and has been at the club since 2012, but recently his bond with the local fans has started to fray, leading to suggestions of a potential exit.